Good question: where does money from drug busts go?

11
Hollis Nikolaus asked a question: Good question: where does money from drug busts go?
Asked By: Hollis Nikolaus
Date created: Sat, May 1, 2021 1:19 AM
Date updated: Fri, Sep 16, 2022 5:05 PM

Content

Video answer: Ohio issue 2, drug price measure, has voters confused

Ohio issue 2, drug price measure, has voters confused

Top best answers to the question «Good question: where does money from drug busts go»

“Typically, the funds are turned over to the school board for use in the schools.” But there is another method. Ledwell said when there is federal involvement and there is a large amount of cash found at one time, the case can be submitted to a federal asset forfeiture program.

Video answer: Faster way to get weed out of your system - thc/marijuana detox to pass any drug test

Faster way to get weed out of your system - thc/marijuana detox to pass any drug test

10 other answers

Good Question: Where does money from drug busts go? CHARLOTTE, N.C. (WBTV) - Concord police recently wrapped up a year-long drug investigation called “Operation Clean Up.”. Investigators seized drugs, 21 firearms and more than $1 million in cash.

For a federal drug bust that SCHP is involved in, the Patrol gets 75% of the money seized, while the federal drug units receive the remaining 25%. But still, the money is used in the same manner.

The money doesn't always necessarily go back to the parent government. When money is seized during a drug bust by the sheriff's department in my county, the money goes into a fund that is managed by the prosecutor's office and used for things like making undercover drug buys. When a house gets raided and drugs and cash are found, the cash is seized, but it is not immediately forfeited.

I’ve heard all kinds of things. But more than likely it’s used to purchase new equipment & toys for law enforcement, and/or gets pocketed by Uncle Sam. It’s funny to answer this question just as I’m watching COPS seizing $5000.00 from a guy becaus...

The money is held in evidence until the case is disposed of. The police can then apply to the court to have the money and any other seized property forfeited as proceeds of a criminal enterprise. This is a civil proceeding, as opposed to criminal,...

According to Robertson, the majority of drugs are seized at traffic stops and sent to the headquarters of the task force located at the Tuscaloosa Police Department. The narcotics then go through a chain of custody that chronologically documents the seizure and the custody of the drugs.

The answer to this question is simple; Money! Cops receive grants from the Federal government for the amount of “work” they do for the drug war. The more drugs they confiscate with a higher price tag, the more money they receive from the Federal government to keep on waging their war.

Keep your drugs and money stashed in different places. In general it is good to not keep much cash on hand. A large stack a cash being beside a stash of drugs is enough evidence alone that points ...

“What do the police do with drugs after the drug bust?” Well, in the end, they are supposed to be destroyed. At the time of arrest, they are confiscated. This means they are taken from you. Then, they enter as evidence and a chain of custody begins. In theory, this logs everyone who has access to it.

As a high school dealer, Roy makes a conscious effort to stay away from certain groups of kids who know about his dealing. He knows they'll leap at any opportunity to beat the shit out of him and take all his drugs and money, so he has to stash cash and drugs in various places around his high school just to keep them safe.

Your Answer

Video answer: Police bust up filming of rap video to arrest felon with gun

Police bust up filming of rap video to arrest felon with gun